David S. Jaffe is a litigation attorney at Schatz Steinberg & Klayman. David focuses his practice on complex personal injury and construction defect litigation as well as homeowner’s insurance and real estate disputes. He is admitted to practice law in the state and federal courts of Pennsylvania.
David earned his undergraduate degree in Law and Policy from Dickinson College in 2013 and his Juris Doctor from Villanova University School of Law in 2017.
Prior to joining Schatz, Steinberg & Klayman, David was the lead associate at a Philadelphia boutique law firm where he was responsible for managing the operations of the firm’s personal injury department.
David was born and raised in Philadelphia and attended both Masterman and Central High School before heading off to college. His local upbringing has allowed him to relate to his clients on a personal level allowing the empathy he feels for their plight to drive his vigor and success in his representation of them.
David is a certified arbitrator in the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas and volunteers his time weekly to lend his legal advice to various networking groups.
• J.D., Villanova University School of Law, 2017
• B.A, Dickinson College, 2013
NOTABLE VERDICTS & SETTLEMENTS:
• $10,250,000.00 settlement in a partnership dispute that ended in a buyout.
• $400,000.00 for a driver injured in rear end motor vehicle accident resulting in the driver sustaining a torn labrum which required surgical repair.
• $350,000.00 for a pedestrian injured in a slip and fall accident caused by a hidden and broken drain cover which resulted in the pedestrian sustaining two fractured ankles requiring surgical repair.
• $250,000.00 settlement in partnership dispute that ended in a buyout.
• $195,000.00 settlement in an airplane evacuation which occurred when a passenger was required to jump from a plane when the planes evacuation slide did not deploy which required the passenger to undergo a complete knee replacement.
• $190,000.00 for a pedestrian who slipped and fell on an icy sidewalk in front of a commercial establishment which resulted in the pedestrian sustaining a broken wrist.
• $172,500.00 for a passenger of a motor vehicle who was injured in rear end accident which resulted in the passenger sustaining two compression fractures of the spine.
• $165,000.00 for a visitor to a residential home who slipped and fell on broken and loose tiles located on the front steps of the home resulting in the visitor sustaining a partial tear of the meniscus.