Dana M. Klayman is a partner at Schatz, Steinberg & Klayman and concentrates her practice on the management and handling of prelitigation claims and complex injury and liability litigation. An energetic and aggressive trial lawyer, she specializes in various areas of personal injury including motor vehicle accidents, trucking accidents, property defects and slip and falls in the state and federal courts of Pennsylvania and New Jersey. In addition to her injury cases, Dana handles other related matters including insurance coverage disputes and declaratory judgment actions.
What separates Dana from other lawyers in her field is her ability to prosecute her cases not just with a keen understanding of the legal issues but a true tenacity for the medical aspects of her clients’ injuries. Understanding the medicine surrounding the injuries and conditions her clients suffer from allows her to aggressively fight against insurance companies and their “hired-gun” doctors and get her clients the compensation they need. For this reason, Dana’s clients trust her with their devastating and catastrophic injuries allowing her to secure nearly $75,000,000.00 in total compensation for her clients over her career. Dana’s settlements and verdicts have been featured in Top Verdicts, Verdict Search and the Legal Intelligencer.
Dana has served on the board of the Pennsylvania Association for Justice, formerly the Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers’ Association. Notably, Dana has been named a Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Star every year since 2012 and has been nominated for membership to the Million Dollar Advocates Forum each year since 2013.
In addition to practicing law, Dana serves as a certified arbitrator and Judge Pro Tempore in the Court of Common Pleas of Philadelphia and often lectures at legal education seminars to fellow lawyers in the areas of motor vehicle and premises liability as well as civil procedure and evidence.
It’s not just Dana’s legal strategies that are creative; she is always up for a DIY project or crafting. She resides in Cherry Hill, NJ with her family.
• J.D., Widener University School of Law, 2007
• B.A., Villanova University, 2004
NOTABLE VERDICTS & SETTLEMENTS:
• $3,450,000.00 for motorcyclist struck by a drunk driver causing spinal and hip injuries requiring surgeries
• $1,000,000.00 for passenger of a ride share who suffered severe abdominal injuries requiring surgeries as a result of a single-vehicle collision
• $975,000.00 for Montgomery County mother who suffered neck and back injuries requiring surgery as a result of being rear-ended
• $850,000.00 for two co-workers rear-ended while returning from a work event causing neck and back injuries
• $825,000.00 for landscaper who suffered low back injuries requiring surgery after his truck was struck by a passenger vehicle
• $750,000.00 for an operator of a scooter struck by a paratransit vehicle causing severe leg injuries and multiple surgeries
• $650,000.00 for injured insurance executive who slipped coming out of elevator on a wet floor causing multiple injuries to his neck, knee and shoulder
• $515,000.00 for motorcyclist struck by a vehicle exiting a parking lot causing jaw and hip fractures requiring surgery
• $500,000.00 for commercial driver rear-ended by tractor trailer causing aggravation of preexisting injuries that required surgery
• $435,000.00 for executive who slipped and fell on water in the men’s room resulting in a concussion and shoulder injury
• $400,000.00 for elderly woman grazed by tow truck causing neck injuries that required surgery
• $350,000.00 for man rear-ended by a tractor trailer causing aggravation of preexisting neck injuries
• $315,000.00 paid by the employer of a driver who seriously injured a commercial driver’s leg despite arguing that their driver was not “on the clock”
• $280,000.00 for a single mother who suffered burns to her stomach after a negligently-performed spa procedure
• $287,500.00 for a child that darted out in front of a school bus on a red light sustaining a leg fracture and scarring
• $250,000.00 for a motorcyclist who suffered a urologic injury and whiplash after being struck in an intersection
• Pennsylvania Association for Justice
• Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association
• Pennsylvania Bar Association
• Philadelphia Bar Association